A&M men’s golf releases 2015-2016 schedule

Andrew+Lister
Photo by Cody Franklin

Andrew Lister

The release of the A&M men’s golf team schedule Monday afternoon revealed that the Aggies will kick off their 2015-2016 campaign this September. Their schedule sees them leaving the mainland United States.
A&M kicks off their season in Illinois, as they travel for the Fighting Illini invitational from Sept.18-20 in Olympia Fields Country Club. They then will make a trip to Valentine, Nebraska for the Jackrabbit Classic, which will be hosted by South Dakota State.
A trans-Atlantic trip is on the horizon as the Aggies head to Ireland in mid-October for the Irish Invitational. The final event for A&M in the fall will be a west coast trip to Carlsbad, California for the Gifford Collegiate.
After a nearly two month break during the winter, the season will fire back up when A&M heads to Jacksonville to play at TCP at Sawgrass for the Sea Best Invitational. Two weeks later, A&M will leave the mainland again to travel to the scenic island of Kauai, Hawaii for the John A. Burns Invitational.
The Aggies will take a road trip in March when they will set their sights on Lafayette, Louisiana for the Louisiana Classics Tournament. A&M will then head to the Grand Canyon State for the Desert Mountain Intercollegiate in Scottsdale, Arizona.
A&M will travel to the east coast a week later for two com- petitions. First, A&M will be in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the General Hackler Championship at the Dunes Golf and Beach Club on March 12-13. A move south to the state of Florida will wrap up the Aggie road schedule, where they will compete in the Floridian Invi- tational which will be held in West Palm Beach from March 21-22.
Only one home event is scheduled for A&M all year, and it will take place in April. The Aggies return home for their final competition of the year — the Aggie Invitational at the Traditions Club on April 2-3.
After a long, well-traveled season, the SEC Championships will be held in Georgia at the Sea Island Golf Club in St. Simons. Then, the NCAA regionals will be held at various host campus sites from May 16-18.
This year, a team will be awarded the national title in Eugene, Oregon at the Eugene Country Club from May 27-June 1.