Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

A&M men’s swim and dive faces Texas, Georgia Tech at home

Photo by Katelynn Ivy

Swimmers line up in anticipation of the beginning of their race during Texas A&M’s meet against Tennessee on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Rec Center Natatorium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)

Following a successful home defense against the No. 6 Tennessee Volunteers, the No. 13 A&M men’s swimming and diving team will host the No. 7 Texas Longhorns and No. 23 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at the Rec Center Natatorium on Friday, Nov. 3. The dual-double meet begins at 3 p.m. and continues Saturday at 10 a.m. with a long course meters meet against Georgia Tech.
Sophomore Baylor Nelson was able to keep to his winning ways against Tennessee on Oct. 27 in the first of three home meets. He won the 200-yard freestyle, 200-meter back and 400-meter individual medley, with times of 1:36.41, 1:45.48 and 3:49.99 seconds, respectively.
The diving team also enjoyed another successful competition, claiming the top-three spots in both the 1-meter and 3-meter. Junior Allen Bottego scored a 369.45 in the 1m while senior Victor Povzner set a season-best on the 3m with a score of 421.58.
Live results will be available via the Meet Mobile app. For more information, follow the team @AggieSwimDive on Instagram and X.
Aaron Raley is a university studies journalism junior and contributed this from JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.