Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

A&M men’s swim and dive takes victory over Tennessee

No. 13 Texas A&M prepares for the 200 back against No. 6 Tennessee Oct. 27 at the A&M Rec Center Natatorium. Photo by Lily Salazar-Balli, JOUR 359 Contributor.

The No. 13 Texas A&M men’s swimming and diving team secured a 171.5-111.5 victory against the No. 6 Tennessee Volunteers at the Rec Center Natatorium on Friday, Oct. 27.
The meet kicked off strong with the relay team of sophomore Baylor Nelson, freshman Logan Brown, sophomore Connor Foote and senior Carter Nelson finishing first in the 200-yard medley with a time of one minute and 27.80 seconds, the best time set for this event this season.
“That was the first time we have put Baylor [Nelson] on [the relay],” coach Jay Holmes said . “But those four guys really put it together, and that really set everything up for us.”
Nelson continued his winning streak placing first in the 200 free in 1:36.41, 200 back in 1:45.48 and the 400 individual medley in 3:49.99.
With their best times of the season, Brown touched the wall first in the 100 in 55.16 and 200 breaststroke in 1:59.61, while Foote finished on top with a 47.95 in the 100 butterfly.
The diving team also claimed success, earning the top three spots in both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives. Senior Victor Povzner set a season-best on the 3, scoring a 421.58, while junior Allen Bottego secured a 369.45 in the 1.
Looking to continue their victory run, the Aggies will take on No. 7 Texas and No. 23 Georgia Tech in a double-dual meet on Friday, Nov. 3, at 3 p.m. in the Rec Center Natatorium.
Fans can keep up to date with the team by following @AggieSwimDive on Facebook, Instagram and X.
Lily Salazar-Balli is a telecommunication media studies senior and contributed this from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.