Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

A&M women’s tennis starts fall play in Houston at ROCC Fall Invitational

Photo by Photo by Megan Williams

The team huddles together prior to the a game vs. Stanford at the NCAA Women’s Quarterfinals in Orlando, Florida on Wednesday, May 17, 2023.

After earning the title of Best of Texas Tennis Women’s College Team of 2023 by the United States Tennis Association, the Texas A&M women’s tennis team will begin its season at the ROCC Fall Invitational. The Invitational spans from Sept. 15-17 in Houston.
The Maroon and White have dominated the past two seasons, losing only five of 68 matches. They’ve also been atop of the Southeastern Conference throne, going undefeated in the conference regular season the past two seasons while winning the SEC Tournament in the 2021-22 season.
Though the team loses some firepower with players such as Jayci Goldsmith and Salma Ewing graduating, coach Mark Weaver was able to bring in some help. Over the summer, A&M added sophomore transfer Nicole Kirin after earning Big 12 Player and Freshman of the Year honors during her time at Texas. Weaver also landed incoming freshman Lucciana Perez, who is ranked as the No. 3 ITF World Junior and is the No. 1 junior player in South America.
After the Invitational, the Maroon and White will head to Cary, North Carolina to play in the NC State Invitational from Thursday, Sep. 21, to Sunday, Sept. 24.