No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Banks and Hendrix represent A&M baseball for team U.S.A.

Texas A&M head coach, Rob Childress shows his support for his Aggie baseball players via Twitter. 

At the conclusion of the 2015 Aggie baseball season, Nick Banks and Ryan Hendrix made the turnaround to play for Collegiate Team USA in North Carolina. It is a familiar experience for Banks, as he also made the 2014 roster. So far this summer, both of them have kept a hot streak going.

Banks has been consistent at the plate this summer, second on the team in RBIs with eight and hitting with a .428 average

In his appearance on Independence Day, Banks was a catalyst in an 11-1 USA win over Cuba. He went 3-for-5 with three RBIs, including launching his first home run of the summer.

Banks’ Aggie teammate Ryan Hendrix has had quite the tour as well. In six appearances Hendrix has three saves, and in 5.1 innings pitched he has not allowed any earned runs and has nine strikeouts.

Last Wednesday, in his most recent appearance on the mound, Hendrix closed the deal on a combined team no-hitter in a 2-0 victory over Cuba with a three-up-three-down 9th inning.
Both Banks and Hendrix had terrific years for A&M on the diamond, and they will be back on an Aggie squad in 2016 that has potential to do some damage. The Collegiate National team had a record of 9-5 so far this summer at press time Monday evening. Following the game that took place Monday night against Cuba, the national team will take on Canada and then the USA Pan American Games Team in their summer finale.