Baseball takes break from SEC to host Prairie View A&M

The Texas A&M baseball team will take a break from SEC play to host Prairie View A&M Tuesday at Olsen Field.
The No. 2 Aggies (21-0) will be competing for their 22nd straight win and to keep their status as the only undefeated team in the country.
Nick Banks is leading the Aggies in both batting average (.434) and hits (33). He also ranks among the top two in runs scored.
Although Banks is leading the pack for A&M, there has been a slew of highlight performances so far this season. Logan Taylor, for example, boasts five home runs so far in the 20 games that he has played.
The Prairie View Panthers (7-11) have leaned on the efforts of senior Walter Wells, who has played all 18 games and recorded 25 hits and 19 runs.
Following the game Tuesday, the Aggies will look ahead to their first road conference series of the season in Alabama.
First pitch has been moved up to 6:05 p.m. Tuesday to allow fans the option of viewing both the baseball game, and the men’s NIT basketball game at Reed Arena later in the evening.