76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Bat and Boujee coed softball team ready for final game of season

Photo by Curtis Michalec, JOUR 359.

AMC at batt Oct. 4 at Penberthy Fields against Glizzy Gobblers in the men’s competitive softball league.

Bat and Boujee, an intramural coed recreational softball team, will play its final game of the regular season against A Bunch of Softies on Wednesday, Oct. 18.
The 3-0 team has scored 30 runs this season, most recently beating 1408 Mountain 10-8. The first game of the season was a 15-14 squeaker after Bat and Boujee managed a comeback.
“Our first game, we didn’t have enough players to start, and we came back from a 10-run deficit, so it’s looking pretty good,” kinesiology sophomore Ian Hancock said.
Finance sophomore and captain David Garner said every team makes the playoffs in this league, and the team feels good about its chances after its past performances.
“Last year we made it to the championship, and we only lost three key players, so [there are] a lot of familiar faces here, and we think we can make a deep playoff run,” Garner said. ”We mesh well, and we are here to have fun and happen to be really good, too.”
The players all knew each other before they joined the team, Garner said.
“We all go to church together, and the guy who normally runs the team graduated last year and there was no captain, so I took it this year,” Garner said. “This has been going for five years, probably more.”
In its latest game, Bat and Boujee needed to add another player right before the game, adding communication sophomore Abigail Murff. She is the sister of general engineering freshman Jackson Murff, who was already on the roster.
“Normally it’s tough getting nine players,” Jackson Murff said. “We had to pick someone up right before the game, and it’s actually my sister.”
The team has a mix of experienced players and players who have never played baseball or softball before.
“I played because I thought it would be fun and it’s with my friends,” mathematics sophomore Julianna Dublin said. “It’s really fun to play, for never playing before I think I’m doing pretty OK.”
The game will be at 10:45 p.m. at Field 3 of the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex. Admission is free.
Kelii Horvath is an applied mathematics junior and contributed this piece from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports to The Battalion.