Blair ready for NCAA tournament at radio show

Coach Gary Blair reassured fans Monday night at his last weekly radio show at Wings N’ More that the A&M women’s basketball team is not ready to give up on this season just yet.
“This is not a ‘woe is me’ meeting right here, okay?” Blair said. “We’re going to the NCAA tournament. We’ve known we’re going to the tournament, we’ve known for about a month and a half, and really, we expected it for a whole year.”
Looking back on the Aggies sub-par performance during the latter stages of the regular season and their brief appearance at the SEC tournament, Coach Blair made it clear that there are no excuses that justify their poor play. He explained that the energy level must increase in order for A&M to avoid falling behind early on.
Although A&M did not perform as well as they had hoped to in these last few weeks, Coach Blair noted a couple of performances that stood out to him during the SEC tournament. Unable to choose a single performance, he broke it down equally between three performances.
“I have to go with 1(a) and 1(b), both Courtney Williams for her offense – and Chelsea Jennings for what she did coming off the bench – and then 1(c) is for the defense they’re going to play better starting in practice tomorrow,” Blair said.
With the NCAA tournament approaching quickly, Coach Blair broke things down.
“Our seed is going to be a six or a seven,” Blair said. Bracketology has us as a seven hosting Louisville who cannot host as a two. We might need to go on the road, we might need to go and bond ourselves and get together and be away from everybody who’s telling us we’re the greatest thing since sliced bread.”
There will be no more wondering or relying on bracketology following selection Monday next week when the fate of the Aggies will be decided. Coach Blair left the fans with some final thoughts regarding their trip to the tournament.
“We want to give it everything we’ve got all the way down to the end – and at home would be great.”