Bounce-back effort from House, Jones sinks Mizzou

After struggling to combine for 14 points against Ole Miss, Danuel House and Jalen Jones united for 36 points en route to defeat Missouri 83-61 in Columbia.
A&M (16-6, 7-3 SEC) saw four players with double-digits — Peyton Allen (12), Kourtney Roberson (13), Jones (16) and the leading scorer of the night, House, who registered 20. Junior guard Alex Caruso helped spread the wealth, finishing with 11 assists.
Caruso aided the Aggies in getting separation early when he dished out a pass to Allen, who stroked a three, putting them up 26-18. Allen would hit another momentum-shifting 3-pointer in the second half coming from the left corner, extending the Aggie lead to 51-40.
House kept it going for A&M with an acrobatic lay-in on the left side, vaulting the Aggies to a 57-44 lead with 12:02 to play. Missouri only cut it to 12 once in the remaining minutes.
A&M started the evening 11-for-17 from the field and ended shooting nearly 60 percent. The early fire was sparked from House, who began four-for-four from three.
Missouri guard Wes Clark had his way with the Aggie defense in the Jan. 21 matchup, leading the Tigers with 18 points. He was at it again in the first half, scoring 13 points, but in the second half, the Aggies held him to two points.
Two players were reportedly suspended for the Tigers prior to today’s game, Montaque Gill-Caesar — who is their third leading scorer — and Namon Wright. Additionally, Tramaine Isabell was already suspended well in advance.
Missouri (7-16, 1-9 SEC) remains at last place in the conference, while A&M sticks at second, winning six of their last seven games.
The next three games will be played in Reed Arena for the Aggies, and up next will be Georgia at 6 p.m. Wednesday.