Call him Johnny Cleveland

No more Mock Drafts. No more speculation. No more waiting. With the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns selected former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. The 2012 Heisman Memorial Trophy winner finished his two-year collegiate career with 9,989 total yards and 93 touchdowns for the Aggies.
While many speculated Manziel might have been the first quarterback off the board, the Jacksonville Jaguars took the University of Central Florida’s Blake Bortles third overall.
The Browns, after trading down from the fourth pick to the ninth pick, traded up to the eighth pick in a move that seemed to indicate the team was going to choose Manziel. However, Cleveland used that pick on Oklahoma State corner back Justin Gilbert.
There was more drama as the 16th pick approached – held by the Dallas Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones. Many speculated that the team might have picked Manziel due to an aging quarterback in 34-year old Tony Romo and Jones having a history of making bold choices.
The Browns then made another move, going from the 26th pick to the 22nd in order to secure Manziel.
With Manziel, the Browns now have five quarterbacks on their roster – including another former Texas standout, Vince Young.