Danni Williams to transfer away from A&M

Photo by Photo by Brandon Holmes

Junior Danni Williams scored 20 points against the Tigers.

Texas A&M guard Danni Williams announced on Wednesday that she will be parting ways with the Aggies and transferring to another university for her senior season. 
“Over the past three years, Texas A&M has become a second home for me,” Williams announced on Instagram on Wednesday.
“With this being said, I believe it is in my best interest to graduate transfer from Texas A&M. I’m so thankful to have had the amazing opportunity to represent Texas A&M on and off the basketball court these last three years. I’ll always be an Aggie.”
Williams will be a graduate transfer as she is set to graduate with a degree in Sports Management on May 11. 
There is no known reason for the transfer, however, junior A&M forward Anriel Howard has visited other schools as well and is also seeking a transfer. Howard and Williams visited UConn together this spring. Williams has also visited Texas and has been in talks with Mississippi State, South Carolina, Louisville and UCLA according to The Eagle. 
Williams announces the transfer after averaging 14.7 points per game and shooting 39 percent from behind the arc last season. The Aggies were eliminated by eventual national champion Notre Dame in the Sweet 16 in Spokane, Washington on March 24.