Divers earn spots at NCAA Championships after competing at Zone D

The men’s and women’s diving teams competed Monday through Wednesday at the Zone D Championship to try and earn their spots at the 2015 NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships.
Sophomore Madison Hudkins earned second place in the one-meter dive after finishing with 617.50 points. She finished ahead of Big 12 one-meter Champion Emma Ivory-Ganja from Texas and SEC Champion Alexandria Bettridge from LSU.
“I am so excited,” said Hudkins. “After an off day yesterday (during the three-meter dive), I was extremely happy to go into the one-meter competition today and compete the way I know how. It’s a great honor and a great opportunity for me to compete with 16 of my teammates at the NCAA Championships.”
Sophomores Courtney Hattie and Destine’e O’Neal also competed in the one-meter dive finishing 32nd and 45th, respectively.
Tyler Henschel performed well for the men, qualifying for the NCAA Championships after he placed sixth in platform diving on Wednesday.
The redshirt freshman will also compete in the one- and three-meter dives at the NCAA Championships after he finished in the top 12 in both events.
The women’s NCAA Championships take place from Mar. 19 to Mar. 21 all day in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The men’s NCAA Championships will take place in Iowa City from Mar. 26 to Mar 28.