Texas A&M players watch fireworks after Texas A&M’s game against Ole Miss on Friday, April 19, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
The sun will come out
The sun will come out
Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy CoxApril 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

LSU QB Jayden Daniels (5) runs with the ball during A&Ms game against LSU at Kyle Field on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. (Cameron Johnson/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first-round graded quarterback
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 21, 2024

As the 2024 NFL Draft in Detroit is closing in, a microscope gets placed on the prospects who play the sport’s most valuable position. Featuring...

The sun will come out
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Diving into SECs headfirst

No. 8 A&M men’s swim & dive makes statement in Day 1 of SEC Championships
Photo by CJ Smith

Junior diving Rhett Hensley enters the water after completing his 1 meter dive during Texas A&M’s swim meet against UIW on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 at Rec Center Natatorium. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

In a new twist, the SEC Championships for swimming and diving added a new day to the event, making men’s 1-meter diving its own day. The new change didn’t shake No. 8 Texas A&M as it came away with the top two spots in the event.

The event was headlined by senior Victor Povzner, who dived into first once again with a score of 403.05, defending his spot as the best 1m diver in the SEC. Junior Rhett Hensley posted a career-best score of 381.60 to take second.

The Maroon and White continued the momentum, adding on two more divers into the top 10. Senior Takuto Endo made his way into fourth place with a score of 362.90 while junior Allen Bottego placed 10th with 289.75.

“Our divers have gotten us started really well again,” Holmes said. “It’s just what they do. An awesome job again by Victor [Povzner] for the win and seeing Takuto [Endo] be steady the whole day was great to see.”

Heading into Day 2, the Aggies have blazed through the competition, picking up 103 points so far.

The action continues on Tuesday, Feb. 20 with women’s 3-meter diving, men’s diving team event and the swimming starts with the 200-yard medley relay and the 800-yard freestyle relay.