Eight Aggies selected in 2012 MLB draft

The 2012 MLB First Year Player Draft concluded on Wednesday night with eight Aggies being drafted. The MLB draft consists of 40 rounds with 30 teams selecting players.
Senior starting pitcher Ross Stripling was selected in the fifth round by the Los Angeles Dodgers. Stripling, who hails from Southlake, Texas , worked his way from being a walk-on to establishing himself as a legitimate starting pitcher, went 10-4 with 3.08 ERA, led the staff with 125.2 innings while striking out 120 and only issuing 19 walks.
Jacob House, the senior first baseman out of Mansfield, Texas, became one of the leaders in the clubhouse since last year when he first arrived on campus. House was selected in the 20th round by the Arizona Diamondbacks.
House finished the season second on the team in batting average hitting .308, with eight home runs and 56 RBIs.
Aggie shortstop Mikey Reynolds was selected also in the 20th round by the New York Yankees. Reynolds, the shortstop from Glendale, Arizona, solidified the top of the lineup for most of the season hitting .306, with an on-base percentage of .417 and 21 stolen bases.
Senior third baseman Matt Juengel from Houston, Texas, was selected in the 24th round by the Miami Marlins.
Providing stellar defense for the infield, Juengel hit .292 with 2 home runs and 46 RBIs.
Senior relief pitcher Kyle Martin was selected in the 35th round by the Chicago White Sox. Martin, who hails from Austin, Texas, became a pillar of the bullpen as he was second on the team with 38 appearances, had a 3.20 ERA with 52 strikeouts in 56.1 innings.
Last but not least, redshirt sophomore Rafael Pineda was selected in the 40th round by the Cincinnati Reds. Coming from Ft. Worth, Texas, finished the season with a 5-1 record, a 2.71 ERA and 44 strikeouts in 15 starts for the Aggies.