Eight Aggies Selected in Day Two of 2016 MLB Draft

The Major League Baseball draft began Thursday night with the first two rounds of selections, and continued on Friday with rounds 3-10. Though no Aggies were taken on Thursday in the first two rounds, eight were taken on Friday in rounds 3-10.
The first Aggie player drafted came in the 4th round when the Washington Nationals selected Aggie junior outfielder Nick Banks with the 124th overall pick. Banks is hitting .289 with nine home runs and 49 RBIs in 2016.
The next Aggie drafted came later in the 4th round when the Kansas City Royals selected Aggie sophomore pitcher Jace Vines with the 133rd overall pick. Vines is 6-1 with a 4.87 ERA in 2016.
In the 5th round, the Cincinnati Reds drafted Aggie junior pitcher Ryan Hendrix with the 138th overall pick. Hendrix has a 6.66 ERA in 24.1 innings pitched this season.
Later in the 5th round, the Detroit Tigers selected Aggie junior pitcher Mark Ecker with the 145th overall pick. Ecker owns a 0.41 ERA with eight saves this season as the Aggie closer.
In the 7th round, the Atlanta Braves selected Aggie senior outfielder J.B. Moss with the 199th overall pick. Moss is hitting .325 with five home runs and 42 RBIs in 2016.
In the 9th round, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim drafted Aggie senior catcher Michael Barash with the 276th overall pick. Barash is hitting .328 with four home runs and 40 RBIs this season.
In the 10th round, the San Diego Padres selected Aggie junior infielder Boomer White with the 294th overall pick. The SEC Player of the Year is hitting .398 with five home runs and 46 RBIs in 2016.
Later in the 10th round, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim drafted Aggie senior pitcher Andrew Vinson with the 306th overall pick. Vinson has 2.40 ERA in 48.2 innings pitched in 2016.
The MLB draft continues on Saturday with rounds 11-40.