Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Eyes on March: House’s 20 points keys 9th SEC win, pads NCAA Tournament r?sum?

Allison Bradshaw — THE BATTALION

Make it nine.
Texas A&M won its ninth SEC game and completed its season sweep of LSU Tuesday night with a 68-62 victory led by junior guard Danuel House, who posted 20 points.
Head coach Billy Kennedy credited the “great, NCAA tournament-type atmosphere” at Reed Arena that he said made for a strong homecourt advantage.
Senior center Kourtney Roberson garnered a 12th career double-double with historic implications, passing Byron Davis to become the ninth-leading rebounder in A&M history and the 34th member of the 1,000-point club at Texas A&M.
“It doesn’t mean much, we are just trying to finish off the year strong,” Roberson said about the milestones. “The points aren’t what matter most to us, we are just trying to go out and win games.”
Kennedy said Roberson’s big night comes about as a result of the difference in maturity for the fifth-year senior.
Texas A&M (18-7, 9-4 SEC) jumped out to a 21-10 lead behind House, who started the game 3-for-3 from beyond the arc. The third 3-pointer was a heat check from long range that brought the 12th Man to its feet and forced an LSU timeout.
Following that timeout the Tigers (18-8, 7-6 SEC)proceeded to go on a 24-5 run orchestrated by Tim Quarterman. After starting 0-for-2 from the field, Quarterman made his next two that both went from deep. Additionally, LSU held House scoreless for the remainder of the half, and nine A&M turnovers left the Aggies trailing by five after 20 minutes of play.
The opening eight minutes of the second half consisted of back-and-forth play until LSU sophomore forward Jarell Martin — who averages just under 16 points per game — headed to the bench after committing his fourth foul. In turn, House sparked what would be a 12-0 run for the Aggies. House scored eight of the 12 points on the run, including the equalizer that followed an Alex Caruso steal.
A&M entered the final minute of play with a two-point advantage. Following an empty possession, LSU was forced to foul and it was House who made the trip to the charity stripe. After two made free throws from House the Aggies never looked back on their way to a 68-62 victory.
Kennedy said, simply: “You win with good players.”
The Aggies look to keep their momentum going when they travel to South Carolina at 11 a.m. Saturday.