Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Five runs in seventh help Aggie softball even series

The Texas A&M softball team rallied back from a five run deficit to capture a 10-8 victory against conference rivals Mississippi State, which evened the three game series to 1-1.
The No. 19 Aggies comeback effort was aided by the strong relief pitching of sophomore Abbey Donnell and a five run offensive rally by the team in the seventh inning that was capped off by Breanna Dozier’s three run homer.
Abby Donnell was phenomenal,” head coach Jo Evans said. “She walked a couple kids but didn’t hurt us, she got outs when she needed outs and she made plays on defense. I thought she looked great and kept them off balance, made them chase some pitches out of the zone. She threw strikes when she needed to and I’m so proud of her. She went out there and bore down.”
The Aggies (21-6, 3-2 SEC) will play the deciding game of the series at 1:05 p.m. Sunday