Former A&M basketball star, DeAndre Jordan, is heading back to Texas

Photo by photo by Keith Allison

Wizards v/s Clippers 03/12/11

After spending eight seasons on the west coast with the Los Angeles Clippers, former Aggie basketball standout, Deandre Jordan reached an agreement to become a member of the Dallas Mavericks. After averaging a double-double in what was no doubt the best year of his career, Jordan received the maximum contract from the Mav’s for four years and $80 million dollars.

He met with the New York Knicks as well as both the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers, but his roots in Texas and ties with Texas A&M drew him back home.

In his one year at A&M, Jordan averaged 7.9 points per game and 6 rebounds per game, but his ability to throw down highlight-reel dunks was always a dangerous threat to any team. He shot 61 percent from the floor during his time as an Aggie.
This past season, Jordan averaged 11.5 points per game and 15 rebounds per game, and those totals were even higher in the playoffs. He started in 457 games wearing a Clipper uniform and had a shooting percentage of 66 percent.