The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Fox goes for complete game in bounce-back A&M home win

Tim Lai
Rachel Fox – Softball vs Texas State

The Aggies returned to the friendly confines of the Aggie Softball Complex and earned something that had become scarce in the last two weeks, a victory.

The Texas A&M softball team earned a much-needed victory by a score of 2-1 against the Texas State Bobcats Wednesday at the Aggie Softball Complex.

Rachel Fox pitched a complete game in the win.

“Rachel did a great job,” Evans said. “The only thing I wasn’t happy about was the four straight balls to lead off the fourth inning that they scored the run off of. I thought she went out and did a nice job and was confident out there.”

Cali Lanphear sent a Randi Rupp offering just over the right field wall to give the Aggies the early 1-0 lead in the bottom half of the first. Ashley Walters continued the home run party with another solo home run in the third

The Bobcats (29-20, 11-6 Sun Belt) cut the lead down to one with an RBI single from Kimberlin Naivar, but A&M held on. 

The Aggies continue their homestand with the final SEC series of the season against the Ole Miss Rebels on Friday. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.