Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

High octane offense makes Texas A&M 7-1

Soccer+Dayton
Photo by PROVIDED
Soccer Dayton
The No. 6 Texas A&M Aggie soccer team left the state of Ohio with a victory on Sunday after defeating the Dayton Flyers 3-1.
A&M (7-1-0) dominated the match with a significant 23-8 shot advantage despite Dayton playing with a defensive strategy. The first goal occurred in the 16th minute when freshman Emily Bates sent a through ball between two defend- ers that found Brittany Crabtree. Crab- tree finished well and sent the ball past the Dayton keeper to give the Aggies a 1-0 lead.
In the 31st minute Haley Pounds gave A&M a 2-0 cushion after scoring her sixth goal of the season. Crabtree ran up the right wing and crossed the ball to Pounds, who then made her way past a defender to set up a one-on-one with the keeper. Pounds made the finish look easy and slotted it past the Dayton keeper.
Dayton (1-6-1) cut the Aggie lead to 2-1 after Ashley Campbell scored a header in the 73rd minute off of a free kick sent in from midfield by Nicole Waters. 
With 6:46 remaining, Janae Cousineau sealed the win after she stole the ball from Dayton’s defense in their own penalty box and fired a shot in the right side of the net putting the Aggies up 3-1.
The win moved Coach G Guerrieri to fifth all time on the NCAA Division I all-time wins list. 
A&M resumes play on Friday when it hosts Vanderbilt at Ellis Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. and the match can be seen on the SEC network.