Jones, House slump as A&M streak snapped

The run is over.
Texas A&M’s six-game winning streak was snapped with a 69-59 loss to Ole Miss Wednesday night.
The Aggies (15-6, 6-3 SEC) committed 16 turnovers, and Danuel House and Jalen Jones were limited to single-digit scoring each. The duo together haven’t gone under the 10-point mark since A&M faced No. 1 Kentucky, a game in which Jones did not play because of injury.
With 4:25 left in the first half, Aggie junior guard Alex Caruso made a 3-pointer, ending an 0-for-5 drought for the Aggies outside.
Ole Miss (15-7, 6-3 SEC) started sluggish as well, shooting 0-for-12 from 3-point land in the opening 16 minutes. The Caruso bucket temporarily shifted the tempo to a quicker pace, giving the Rebels an advantage and a 4-for-5 hot streak from three in the half’s remaining stretch.
A&M’s struggles continued when Ole Miss began the second half 7-for-11 shooting, while the Aggies remained cold. Early in the second half, senior post Kourtney Roberson headed to the locker room with an apparent injury. Taking his place was Tavario Miller, who finished with 13 points and six rebounds. Roberson only saw flashes after getting hurt, and sat for the final few minutes.
It looked like the game was slipping away when junior guard Stefan Moody knocked down a jumper to put his Rebels up 50-38.
However, the Aggies were recharged when Danuel House hit a step-back 3-pointer from the right wing, bringing it within single-digits. Roberson subbed in shortly after, making two quick buckets to cut it to 53-49.
A&M was unable to get inside of five in the closing minutes due to missed opportunities with turnovers and Ole Miss’ crisp free-throw shooting, finishing 15-out-of-20 for the game.
Stefan Moody led the Rebels with 19 points, but senior M.J. Rhett led the second half surge with all of his 11 points coming in the final 20 minutes.
The loss resulted in the Aggies facing a three-way-tie for second place in the SEC with Ole Miss and Arkansas. LSU could join the trio if it takes care of business in Auburn Thursday.
Columbia, Missouri, will play host for the Aggies next matchup against Missouri, which they defeated 62-50 on Jan. 24.