Junior trio named to All-SEC teams

Courtney+Walker

Courtney Walker

The No. 5 Texas A&M women’s basketball team had its trio of junior stars named to the Preseason All-SEC Team by the conference’s coaches Wednesday.
Courtney Walker, who averaged 15.6 points per game for the Aggies last season and also received votes for Preseason SEC Player of the Year, was named First Team All-SEC.
Point guard Jordan Jones was named Second Team All-SEC after a 2013-14 season that earned her SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year honors and saw her set A&M’s single season assists record with 261. Jones was also named a Preseason First Team All-American by the Sporting News.
Six-foot-one forward Courtney Williams also was named Second Team All-SEC. Williams averaged 13.9 points per game last season, which included a stretch of four straight games where she scored 20 or more points, the first Aggie to do so since Danielle Adams in 2010-11.
After being ousted in the Final Four last year by the eventual champion UConn, A&M was tabbed to finish third in the SEC behind South Carolina and Tennessee by the conference’s coaches.
A&M hosts Oklahoma City Saturday at 7 p.m. in Reed Arena for an exhibition game. The regular season will begin Nov. 14 when the Aggies host No. 18 DePaul.

• Courtney Walker