Kris Boyd, Holton Hill commit to Texas

At approximately 1:30 p.m. today, cornerback Kris Boyd and his good buddy, Holton Hill – also a cornerback – decided to play football for the University of Texas.
Because the two decided to announce at the same time via Twitter, it was imminent that they would choose the same school. Hill was the one to tell the world about their combined announcement Monday.
What the Aggies are missing that the Longhorns are receiving is critical in the recruiting battle between Charlie Strong and Kevin Sumlin, which intensified over the past few months.
Just last night, quarterback Kyler Murray decided via Twitter that he is fully committed to Texas A&M. Adding two top recruits like this gives hope for Texas to level the playing field.
In Boyd, you’re getting a four-star with 4.49 speed ranked at 11 in his corner position according to Yahoo Sports. Hill ranks just behind him at 13 at the corner, being very similar with his four-star rating and 4.5 40-yard dash.
Boyd from Gilmer High School will finally be alongside his friend Hill, who comes out of Lamar High School. Whether they will start immediately for the Texas defense remains unknown, but what is certain is that they will make a nice addition to a Longhorns squad who already picked up a highly touted linebacker in Malik Jefferson.