Lawrence’s fantasy corner: week four

Week four of the NFL was full of surprises. After many stars breached the 25 point mark last week, few even came close this week.

Studs of the week:

Devonta Freeman (Atlanta): Ever since starting running back Tevin Coleman went out due to injury, Freeman has been lighting it up. Freeman torched the Houston defense Sunday carrying the ball 14 times for 68 yards and 3 TDs. Freeman also added 5 catches for 81 yards and tallied a monstrous 32 points. Freeman has been incredible scoring 69 points in the last two weeks. Freeman scored more points than Aaron Rodgers, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham and Jimmy Graham combined on Sunday.

Cairo Santos (Kansas City): 27 points. It’s not often that I’d place a kicker in the studs of the week but Santos was a perfect 7-7 on field goals on Sunday and the performance showed us that the Chiefs are more likely to attempt a field goal on 4th and short rather than go for it.

Philip Rivers (San Diego): The veteran QB had an excellent day Sunday scoring 26 fantasy points. Rivers threw for 358 yards and 3 TDs en route to a 30-27 victory over the Browns. Rivers remains a top 10 QB and has a good looking schedule where he should average around 17 points until the week nine bye week.

Other studs: Jeremy Hill (Cincinnati), Tavon Austin (St. Louis), Lions DST

Adds of the Week:

Darren McFadden (Dallas): Add McFadden sooner than later. His role has grown and Sunday night he carried the ball 10 times for 31 yards. With Lance Dunbar out for the season, McFadden is Joseph Randle’s primary back-up and should see more and more playing time. If Randle were to get hurt, the former Razorback would become the primary back in the run-heavy Dallas offense.

Kamar Aiken (Baltimore): The wide receiver barely saw action the first three weeks of the season but has now become Joe Flacco’s number one option. Steve Smith broke four ribs and Campanaro going down. Aiken caught 5 passes for 77 yards and a touchdown against Pittsburgh and finished with 13 fantasy points.

Other adds: Duke Johnson (Cleveland), Ted Ginn Jr. (Carolina) Packers DST

Busts of the Week:

Julio Jones (Atlanta): The number one WR in fantasy disappointed many owners this week. After compiling 67 points in the first three weeks of the season, Jones scored a paltry three points against the Texans. The main reason was due to Devonta Freeman scoring early and the Falcons blowing out the Texans in the first quarter taking a 28-0 lead. Jones should resume his fantasy greatness next week against Washington.

Odell Beckham Jr. (New York): Other than making a spectacular one handed catch out of bounds, Beckham didn’t do much on the day. The Bills played him tight which allowed Reuben Randle to get his share of targets. Beckham was targeted 12 times and hauled in five catches for 38 yards tallying three fantasy points. Beckham should have a bounce back week when he plays San Francisco on Sunday.

Other Busts: Jimmy Graham (Seattle), Greg Olsen (Carolina)
Aggie Fantasy:

Martellus Bennett (Chicago): The return of Jay Cutler brought Bennett back to life on Sunday. Bennett was targeted 13 times and caught 11 of those passes for 83 yards and a touchdown. Bennett finished tied with Fleener for the most fantasy points by a tight end in week four with 14.

Josh Lambo (San Diego): The most accurate kicker in A&M football history scored 14 fantasy points on the day after going 3/3 on field goals and adding three extra points. The rookie was fortunate when he missed the initial potential game winner but an offsides penalty by the Browns gave him one more shot to win the game from five yards closer. Lambo made his first game winning field goal on the second attempt.
Ryan Tannehill (Miami): The former A&M signal caller was labeled a breakout star for this season by pundits but has not lived up to expectations. Tannehill scored 11 points in London against the Jets after passing for 198 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. Tannehill has thrown seven touchdowns and five interceptions so far this season.