Long’s seven innings shutout the Rebels in the game one victory

The race for the SEC regular season crown is a tight one, and the Aggies still have an outside shot at winning the SEC. Thursday night, they kept those hopes alive with a 3-0 win over the Ole Miss Rebels. The star of the night for A&M was Grayson Long, who threw a 12 strikeout gem for the Aggies on the mound.

The game started slow, with neither team being able to manage a baserunner until a walk in the bottom of the fourth inning.

After four innings of hitless baseball, the Aggies finally got the offense rolling in the fifth inning. After getting two on, a Logan Nottebrok RBI double helped the Aggies gain a 1-0 lead after five innings of play.

Aggie ace Grayson Long worked seven innings, scattering just two hits, and kept the Rebels scoreless. He allowed five baserunners all evening long. Behind Long, Andrew Vinson held the Rebels hitless for the remainder of the game, while striking out four on the night.

The Aggies earned two more runs in the sixth and seventh innings off a RBI from GR Hinsley and a solo home run from Ryne Birk to make it a 3-0 lead after seven frames. Logan Taylor gave A&M an insurance run in the eighth with an RBI single.
A&M will go for at least the series win tomorrow night in game two. Ryan Hendrix will be on the mound for A&M. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m.