Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

LSU steals senior night, 68-57

For the final time at Reed Arena, seniors Elston Turner, Jarod Jahns and Ray Turner stepped onto their home court. The Senior Night crowd roared.
After a season during which Elston broke Reed Arena single-game scoring records and Jahns earned consistent minutes as a senior walk-on, Ray was the one to close out his A&M career with a memorable performance.
Ray’s contributions, however, werent enough to lift Texas A&M past LSU as the Aggies lost 68-57 in their regular season home finale on Wednesday night.
Despite the loss, Ray said that he performs well when the fans get into the game.
“There’s a great crowd all the time,” Ray said. “Any time the crowd is in it, I’m in it.”
The senior forward finished his A&M career with 16 points and tied his season-high with 13 rebounds. Elston finished with 11 points while Jahns added two.
Neither team managed to pull away until the second half. After losing the lead during the first half, the Aggies were never able to regain a lead following halftime. With just more than six minutes remaining, A&M was able to pull within three points, but the rally fell short.
Texas A&M drops to 17-13 (7-10) on the season and will visit Arkansas for its final game of the season at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.