Mastrogiovanni, Parker part ways with Aggie football

Two Texas A&M football players have left the team, according to multiple sources and the program. Linebacker Jordan Mastrogiovanni and wide receiver Kyrion Parker both decided to go in a different direction on Tuesday.
Being a three-star prospect from Dallas Jesuit High School, Mastrogiovanni earned Class 5A All-State Honorable Mention his senior year and was committed to Oklahoma before switching to A&M.
Mastrogiovanni earned two letters in football while at A&M in 2013 and 2014. He played in nine games in 2014, starting in seven of them and recording a season-high seven tackles twice against South Carolina and Ole Miss. He will continue to pursue his education at the school.
Kyrion Parker was a three-star prospect, and a top 100 wide receiver according to ESPN. In his senior days at Manvel High school, Parker was a 22-5A All-District and 5A All-State Honorable Mention player.
He earned a letter this past season after redshirting in 2013. Parker has been granted a release from his A&M scholarship in order to seek other opportunities.
It is tough to lose two players so close to the beginning of spring football, especially when one started for more than half of the season. However, this means there is an opportunity for younger players to see the field and gain some experience. The 2015 recruiting class could also help fill that void.
Spring drills for the football team begin on March 2.