Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Men’s Basketball looks to bounce back on the road against LSU

Photo by: Morgan Engel

Sophomore Guard Admon Gilder dribbles around the defender to reach the basket. 

The Aggies (11-10, 3-6 SEC) are looking to remain about the .500 mark as they pay a visit to the LSU Tigers (9-12, 1-8 SEC). A&M’s season has been all but fruitful as the young and inexperienced squad continues to struggle with the new scheme. With 9 competitions remaining in the regular season, the Aggies’ record has already collected more losses than the entirety of last season, including the SEC and NCAA Tournaments.
The ides of March Madness are fading fast for the Aggies but fortunately they have fared well against the Tigers, last season the two teams split the season series. Both teams have faced trouble in several aspects this season especially in free throw percentages and turnover margins where they both rank near the bottom of the nation. However, a few statistics show hope for the Aggies.
Louisiana State has struggled significantly in the scoring defense category where they currently ranked 324 in the nation. On the other hand, Texas A&M has performed particularly well coming in at 66 in the nation, allowing on average 68.2 points per game to the Tigers’ 81.
While the Aggies have trouble keeping possession, LSU’s inability to create turnovers and propensity to allow offensive rebounds has been a nightmare for the undeveloped defense.
With nothing but conference matchups slated before the commencement of the SEC Tournament, the Aggies will look to save their season from derailment with a hard stand in Baton Rouge. Tipoff is set for 8:00 p.m. at the Maravich Assembly Center Saturday night.