Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Men’s club soccer defeats Texas and Oklahoma en route to regional tournament

Photo by Riley Ballard

Texas A&M Men’s Club Soccer team warms up during a Feb. 22 practice in preparation for hosting an April 1 game against Texas State. 

At 5-1-2 and currently ranked eighth in the region, Texas A&M men’s club soccer is ready to repeat its 2022 regionals win in Lubbock on Oct. 27-29.
The Maroon and White beat the Texas Longhorns 2-0 and the Oklahoma Sooners 4-0 in their last home games of the season on Oct. 20 and 22 at the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex. The team looks to repeat at the 2022 regionals, when it tied Oklahoma 1-1. Despite the tie, the Aggies were awarded first place in the bracket due to wins against UT-Dallas and Kansas and a favorable goal differential.
The team is confident ahead of the Lubbock trip, having won every game played in the regional tournament the last two years, supply chain management junior Cedric Van der Donckt said.
“We have a lot of confidence going into the tournament and we’re confident in our own abilities that we can beat any single team out there,” Van der Donckt said.
The success has not been found without hard work, and the job is far from finished, wildlife and fisheries sciences senior Nash Young said.
“We try to leave the pitch as better players than when we came on,” Young said. “It’s a long tournament, a lot of games, a lot of minutes played and you have to be physically ready for that. You have to take care of your body.”
A&M commemorates its 2004 national men’s club soccer championship with a single star on its gear, coach John Hennessey-Niland said. This year, he said he and the team hope to add to their uniform.
“We know the teams well in this region and will have the same goal, which is to win our regional and advance to nationals,” Hennessey-Niland said. “I’d love to add a second star to the Lone Star.”
Follow the team on Instagram at @TAMUMensSoccer for regional game times and dates.
Zach Planche is a university studies junior and contributed the piece from JOUR 359 Reporting Sports to The Battalion.