The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Men’s golf looks to bounce back in second day General Hackler Championship

Photo by Meredith Seaver

Freshman Walker Lee looks to the nearby 18th green as the next group finishes the round.

The Aggies finished day one of the two-day General Hackler Championship in eighth place after the first two-rounds. Texas A&M struggled, shooting 4-over 580 (294-286) at the Dunes & Beach Club.
A&M started the day at number ten, rising to number eight at the end of the first round. The Aggies entered into the General Hackler Championship looking to bounce back from a previous 11th place tie in their previous tournament at Querencia Cabo Collegiate in early March.
“We love the Dunes Club and have had a lot of success there in the past,” A&M head coach J.T. Higgins said to 12thman.com. The Aggies have had plenty of luck out on the course, participating in the event for the fourth time.
Last season the Aggies finished in second place at the General Hackler Championship.
“This is a great opportunity for us to get back on track, compete on a good course against some fantastic teams and show what we are made of,” Higgins told 12thman.com
Junior Dan Erickson, who led the Aggies in their best team finish in last year’s event, finished the day 1-over 72. Junior Brandon Smith completed the list of Aggies who have participated at the General Hackler Championship. Smith finished the day 3-under 72.
Sophomore Walker Lee made his debut on Monday at the Dunes & Beach Club shooting 2-over 72. Led A&M to a second-place finish by earning a second-place individual finish at the Burns Intercollegiate in February.
Freshman Sam Bennett and Junior Josh Gliege also made their debut at the Dunes. Gliege participated as an individual. Both Gliege and Bennett finished 1-over 72 on the first day.