Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

Men’s golf seeks momentum in last regular season tourney

The Texas A&M men’s golf team returns to its home course, the Traditions Club in Bryan, Texas this Sunday to host the Reveille Challenge.

Nine teams are expected to compete this Sunday, including several in-state programs such as the University of Houston, North Texas, Stephen F. Austin, and Texas State. The challenge serves as A&M’s last opportunity to tune up its game prior to the SEC Championships next week.

Tournament play will feature 36 holes, all of which will be played on Sunday at the par 72, 7,146 yard Traditions course.

Last weekend, the Aggies walked away from their home course empty handed as they shot +16 (304) as a team in final round action of the Aggie Invitational to drop from first to fifth place.

The A&M golf team is currently ranked No. 41 as it prepares for the home stretch of its 2014-15 campaign.  

However, A&M does not have anything higher than a fourth place finish this season in standard tournament play with fields of at least 12 teams.

Only one Aggie, senior Greg Yates, who won the Valspar Collegiate Invitational in March, owns an individual title this season. His victory was the third of his career.

The Aggies only possess four top five individual finishes this season as well, one of which Yates accounted for with his Valspar victory. Two of the other top five finishes belong to junior Adrià Arnaus.

Arnaus and Yates are the highest ranked Aggies as well, coming in to this weekend as No. 56 and No. 101, respectively, in the nation, and boasting A&M’s lowest scoring averages of 72.26 and 72.75, respectively.