Men’s swim and dive kicks off at home against UIW

Photo by Robert O’Brien

Sophomore Baylor Nelson competes in the championsip final of the Men’s 400 Yard IM during the 2023 SEC Swimming & Diving Championships at the Rec Center Natatorium on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022.

The No. 12 Texas A&M men’s swimming and diving team will face off against Incarnate Word on Friday, Sept. 29.
The 5 p.m. meet at the Rec Center Natatorium is the 2023-24 season opener after the Aggies finished fourth in the 2022-23 SEC Championships with 1,018 points. New this season is assistant diving coach Jeff Bro, who brings more than 20 years of national and international coaching experience and has been named USA National Diving Coach of the Year.
“We are thrilled to have Jeff Bro join our staff,” Holmes said in a press release on 12thMan.com. “His reputation and the caliber of person he is makes for an incredible addition to help Jay Lerew continue to make our diving program one of the most elite diving programs in the NCAA.”
The Aggies closed out last season’s NCAA Championships in 14th place, securing their sixth consecutive top-20 finish. The six All-Americans from last year’s meet will return for the 2023-24 season, including diving senior Victor Povzner and swimming sophomore Baylor Nelson. Nelson was able to tally his second individual top-10 finish at the Championships, making him the first in the swim program’s history to achieve this feat during his freshman year.
In July, juniors Trey Dickey and Clayton Conklin made the Olympic Trial cuts at the TYR Pro Championships; both are returning for the season.
Coach Jay Holmes is starting his 19th year as head coach alongside associate head coach Jason Calanog and assistant swimming coach Michael Walker. Head coach Jay Lerew will lead the diving team for the 14th consecutive year.
Admission to the meet is free. Follow @AggieSwimDive on Facebook, Instagram and X for more information.