Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Men’s swimming primes for NCAA championships

After a fourth-place team finish at the NCAAs for the women set the stage, the Texas A&M men’s swimming and diving team will strive to continue the winning momentum in the pool.
The Aggies will send nine swimmers to the 2014 NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships in Austin, which will take place March 27-29 at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center at the University of Texas.
“There were several swimmers that we simply had to get to the meet to be successful and they were able to get that done,” A&M head coach Jay Holmes said. “Our strength has traditionally been the freestyle relays and we were able to qualify the 200 and 400 free relays intact and take our school record-setting 800 free relay.”
Although A&M will bring nine swimmers to the NCAAs, only five earned invitations for individual races. The remaining four swimmers attending will be relay alternates. Following Wednesday’s NCAA Zone D Diving Championships, no Aggie divers qualified to advance to the NCAAs.
The five swimmers earning invitations are a veteran bunch that includes four seniors – Simon Frank, Kyle Troskot, Henrik Lindau, Paul-Marc Schweitzer – and lone sophomore Cory Bolleter.
The Aggies have finished in the top 25 at the NCAA Championships for a school-record 18 consecutive years.