Men’s tennis face yet another challenge, while women look to rebound

Franklin — THE BATTALION

Freshman A.J. Catanzariti rallying in win against Kentucky

The A&M men’s tennis team takes to the road Friday for the first time this season for two separate visits, while the women’s team will return home to host two conference opponents.
The Aggie men (6-1, 2-0 SEC) will first travel to Georgia to take on the No. 4 ranked Bulldogs (9-2, 2-0 SEC) at 1:30 p.m. Then, A&M will finish off the weekend at South Carolina (8-7, 0-2 SEC) at 10:00 a.m. Sunday.
The men are coming into the weekend with a lot of momentum. Not only have they put together a six-match winning streak, but they also knocked off two top-5 teams in the process. They will look to further improve their resume with another win over a top-5 team in Georgia.
Six players in the Aggie lineup keep winning key matches to demonstrate their depth. Whether it be senior Jeremy Efferding on court one or freshman Max Lunkin on court six, A&M has found ways to close out its opponents.
South Carolina (8-3, 1-1 SEC) is up first for the women at 2 p.m. Friday. The women’s team will look to bounce back after dropping their set in Georgia last Sunday to the then No. 2 ranked Bulldog team.
A&M (3-3, 1-1 SEC) will then gear up for its match at 11 a.m. Sunday against Florida, who are coming into College Station riding a five-game winning streak.
The No. 2 Gators (10-1, 2-0 SEC) opened up conference play by dominantly defeating their first two opponents, while only giving up one game over the span of the two matches.
LSU is up next for the women in Baton Rouge next Friday, while the men head back home for a weekend tournament.