Men’s tennis overcomes rain delays to down No. 5 Ohio State

The Aggies overcame rain delays as well as Ohio State to improve to 2-1 this spring with a 4-3 win at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon.
The No. 5 Buckeyes (8-1) were upset by the No. 15 Aggies in a two day competition that featured three rain delays.
A&M claimed four victories in singles, including No. 45 Shane Vinsant upsetting No. 21 Chris Diaz 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-2. No. 89 Mikael Torpegaard of Ohio State University defeated No. 29 Harrison Adams in straight sets 6-2, 6-1.
The A&M duo of Adams and Vinsant did claim victory in their doubles match over No. 5 Kevin Metka and Ralf Steinbach 6-4. Doubles results also include a victory by No. 18 Jeremy Efferding and Jordan Szabo over the Buckeyes duo of Mikael Torpegaard and Herkko Pollanen 6-4.
The last match of the day featured Arthur Rinderknech defeating Kevin Metka of OSU 6-7 (5), 7-6 (7), 7-5. The only unfinished match of the tournament saw AJ Catanzariti and Arthur Rinderknech of Texas A&M play No. 27 Hunter Callahan and Chris Diaz to 4-5 before the match was called.
Amid a nine-match home stand, the Aggies will return to action Feb. 20 against No. 2 Oklahoma followed by a double-header with No. 37 Tulsa and Incarnate Word on Feb. 22.