Men’s tennis prepares to host top ranked opponents as women travel to Baton Rouge

The Texas A&M men’s tennis team is gearing up for a challenging three-match weekend that begins when the No. 11 Vanderbilt Commodores come to town at 6 p.m. Friday.
The Commodores (13-3, 3-1 SEC) are traveling to College Station boasting a two-game conference winning streak, having taken down both Auburn and Florida last week. After defeating its SEC foes, the Vanderbilt team swept the visiting Ball State Cardinals to build momentum leading up to its match versus the Aggies.
Next on the queue for A&M (7-2, 3-1 SEC) will be the No. 4 Fighting Illini from Illinois. The Illini have put together quite a resume for themselves thus far this season, racking up seven shutout wins.
Fortunately for the No. 9 Aggies, Illinois (13-2) will not be their first major test of the year, having already won against top-5 ranked opponents.
Following their match against the Illini at noon Sunday, the Aggies will regroup and prepare for the second part of their doubleheader featuring the visiting Abilene Christian Wildcats. The Wildcats and Aggies will face off later in the afternoon at 4 p.m.
The Wildcats (6-12) have struggled heavily this season on the road, winning one of six matches.
Texas A&M will be hoping that the forecast for sunny skies holds up so it can complete its first home stay of the season without any interference from the weather. The Aggies will also attempt to jump Vanderbilt in the SEC standings for ownership of the third spot.
The Texas A&M women’s team will hit the road to travel to Baton Rouge and face the LSU Tigers at 4 p.m. Friday.
The Aggies (4-3, 2-1 SEC) will look to build off of their home conference win over South Carolina last weekend.
The Tigers (11-5, 2-2 SEC) defeated South Carolina by the same count (5-2) as the Aggies last weekend, so if that has any correlation to the way the two teams will match up, they could be in for a close match.
Following their trip this weekend, the Aggies will be home for a four-match stint that will consist of three conference opponents.