Men’s Tennis Seeks Home Court Advantage

The Texas A&M men’s tennis team returns to the friendly confines of the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center for the first time this fall as they prepare to host ITA Regionals this weekend. Texas A&M is one of only twelve college campuses around the country that will host a regional event. The tournament ultimately feeds into the ITA Indoor Event in early November in New York City.
There will be 15 teams from around the state of Texas who will make the trip to College Station this weekend to compete in both singles and doubles. Texas A&M will have nine members from their roster in action in both brackets.
Texas A&M’s No. 11 Harrison Adams (2), No. 15 Shane Vinsant (3), No. 46 Jeremy Efferding (7), and A.J. Catanzariti (13) were among 16 singles players seeded for the singles bracket and all have been awarded first round byes. The singles bracket will start with a Round of 128 before determining four semifinalists to advance to New York.
No. 23 Harrison Adams and Shane Vinsant (2), No. 37 Jeremy Efferding and Jordan Szabo (4), and A.J. Catanzariti and Max Lunkin (6) were among eight doubles teams seeded in the doubles bracket. Similarly, these three Aggie doubles duos have been awarded first round byes. The doubles bracket will start with a round of 64 before determining two finalist teams to advance to New York as well.
First round action starts this Saturday at 9 a.m. for singles and 3 p.m. for doubles. Tournament play will run all day Saturday through Monday.