Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

No. 12 Aggies defeat Bulldogs for fifth consecutive SEC win

Photo by Connor May
Freshman Tiago Pires returns the ball at Texas A&M’s match against Pepperdine on Sunday, Feb. 25, 2024, at the Mitchell Tennis Center. (© Connor May/The Battalion)

The No. 12 Texas A&M men’s tennis team took on the Georgia Bulldogs on Sunday, March 17 at the Mitchell Tennis Center. Looking to extend their SEC winning streak to five, the Aggies came to play.

Beginning with doubles play, the No. 58 Aggie duo of junior Giulio Perego and sophomore Togan Tokac gave great effort but were unable to defeat the Bulldog freshman duo of Freddy Blaydes and Niels Ratiu, 6-3.

The Georgia junior duo of Ryan Colby and Thomas Paulsel took care of business against the Aggies’ duo of junior Luke Casper and junior JC Roddick to take home the doubles point, 6-4.

The A&M duo of freshman Tiago Pires and graduate Kenner Taylor took a 5-4 lead on the Bulldogs’ duo of freshman Cyrus Mahjoob and junior Miguel Perez Pena but were unable to finish the set.

Moving onto singles play on Court 6, the Bulldogs continued their dominance as Georgia sophomore Felipe Costa defeated Casper in a quick two-set match, 7-5, 6-1.

Looking for a spark on Court 4, No. 116 Perego gave the Maroon and White their first point of the day, defeating No. 100 Perez Pena in a two-set match, 6-1, 7-5.

On Court 2, No. 64 Roddick gave the Maroon and White their second point and tied the score with a defeat over No. 82 Paulsell in a two-set match, 6-3, 7-5.

Court 1 continued to be all Maroon and White as the Aggies’ No. 36 senior Raphael Perot demonstrated incredible effort while defeating No. 65 Colby in a tight three-set match, 2-6, 6-2, 6-3.

On Court 5, Pires secured the win for the Maroon and White as he defeated Mahjoob in a nail-biting three-set match, 7-6 (7-2), 4-6, 6-2.

Finishing off its matches, the A&M continued to dominate in singles on Court 3 as No. 118 Tokac took care of business against Ratiu in a hard fought three-set match, 6-7 (4-7), 6-4, 6-4.

The Aggies showed why they are the 12th-ranked team and captured their fifth SEC win in a row to improve to 10-1 at home. A&M looks to extend its winning streak as they take on the Kentucky Wildcats on Friday, March 22.