No. 2 Equestrian hosts No. 4 Auburn for top 10 match up at Hildebrand Equine Center

Equestrian
Photo by File
Equestrian

The Aggies fell to 7-3, (3-2 SEC), following a 12-4 loss to Georgia on the road. Auburn is coming off a big win over South Carolina and now resides at 6-3, 3-2 SEC. The blowout loss to Georgia set the Aggies back with their first defeat of the season not comming via tiebreaker. The squad was nearly swept in the Hunt Seat competition where they have continued to struggle the entire season.  

“We had a really good eye opener last weekend,” A&M head coach Tana McKay said. “We know SEC competition is always going to be tough but we slipped on some things we shouldn’t have. We’ve actually made a lot of adjustments in practice and I feel good about them. Hopefully they pay off on Saturday.”

The Aggies will host the Auburn Tigers at the Thomas G. Hildebrand Equine Center where they have not suffered a loss since March 19 of last year. The Tigers however boast a healthy 3-1 road record.

“We’re really looking forward to having a home meet here and then a turnaround and another home meet the following Saturday,” McKay said. “We always enjoy being at home and having our fans and family.”
Competition between No. 2 Texas A&M and No. 4 Auburn is set for Saturday morning at 11 am CST.