No. 2 Sooners to visit men’s tennis

FILE

Senior Jeremy Efferding in the middle of a match

The Texas A&M men’s and women’s tennis team continue their seasons this weekend as Oklahoma visits College Station.
The No. 12 men (2-1) play at 6 p.m. Friday and enter the contest riding a two-match win streak.
The most recent win for the men came when the Aggies upset No. 5 Ohio State. Senior Jeremy Efferding led the Aggies, winning his singles match in straight sets as well as partnering with senior Jordan Szabo to knock off their doubles opponents.
A&M’s schedule only gets tougher, however, as No. 2 Oklahoma comes into College Station with an unblemished 10-0 record.
The Sooners are riding high after winning their first national indoor championship Monday, besting the top-ranked USC Trojans in a rematch of last season’s NCAA Championship.
The No. 18 women’s team will play host to Abilene Christian at noon Saturday, hoping to build off its previous win over UT-Arlington last Thursday, which evened up the win-loss column at 2-2.
Abilene Christian (3-0) will enter its match against the Aggies with an undefeated record. In their wins, the Wildcats have outscored their opponents 16-3.
On Sunday, the men will face Tulsa at noon and Incarnate Word at 4 p.m. SEC play begins next week for the women, starting at Tennessee at 3 p.m. Friday.