No. 20 A&M nets road win at No. 12 Georgia, 64-46

Texas A&M women basketball downed the Georgia Bulldogs 64-46 at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Ga. Sunday. The Aggies were 1-5 against top 25 ranked teams coming into the game but didnt let that slow them down.
The game started with the teams battling back and forth early on. After an 8-8 tie, the Aggies ran away with the lead as freshman guard Courtney Williams hit a 3-pointer.
With six minutes left in the half, freshmen guards Peyton Little and Jordan Jones extended the lead with back to back to back threes with Williams hitting the final one, making the score 24-10 with just five minutes left in the first half.
Georgia head coach Andy Landers said the game was over after that point.
“The story of the game was those back-to-back three-pointers that they hit in the first half, Landers said. That was it. They hit them almost back-to-back in such a short span, and that really hurt us.”
The Aggies held the Bulldogs to just 29% shooting on the night and held all of Georgias scorers to single digits. It was only the fourth time this year that the Aggies have held a team to under 50 points, moving to 3-1 in such games.
A&M head coach Gary Blair said the defense was on target.
“I think (assistant) coach (Bob) Starkey had a great game plan when you look at it, Blair said. We identified the three-point shooters and when you don’t hit them early sometimes you get a little gun shy and they had a couple of wide-open looks that they missed.”
The balanced attack featured most of A&Ms key players as freshman guard Courtney Walker was the leading scorer with 12 points, Williams and junior center Kelsey Bone racked up 10 points each while senior forward Kristi Bellock and senior guard Adrienne Pratcher accumulated nine points each.
Blair said he was proud of the teams play against the zone and the assists they were able to account for.
Blair and the Aggies started off with a tough schedule facing Top 10 teams in their first three games of the season, which can be seen as the reason for their struggles early on. A&M will stay on the road and face the Mississippi State Bulldogs Thursday before returning home to Aggieland.