Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

No. 20 Missouri visits A&M, Reed Arena

Texas A&M welcomes face its former Big 12 colleague for the first time in SEC play as it welcomes the Missouri Tigers to Reed Arena Thursday night at 8:00 p.m.
The Missouri Tigers come into College Station sitting at fifth in the SEC. The Tigers are a perfect 13-0 at home, but have not won an away game this season with a mark of 0-5.
However, the Tigers lead the Aggies in the all-time series 13-10.
In the Aggies most recent game a 72-68 overtime loss at home to Kentucky they put together one of their cleanest performances by shooting 18-19 from the free throw line, committing only 10 turnovers and putting multiple players in double digits in scoring.
Head coach Billy Kennedy said it was a good performance, but there is room for improvement.
“We had some key turnovers and we had some layups we missed,” Kennedy said. “When you get layups, you’ve got to make them. We took care of the ball better than we have. I’m thankful we only had 10 turnovers but against good teams, you can’t have turnovers at the wrong time.”
Texas A&M looks to face a tough opponent in Missouri as the Tigers have five players that average over 10 points per game and a sixth averaging 9.8.
Missouri guard Phil Pressey has made big plays for them this year as he is averaging 7.2 assists per game along with his 12.1 points.
A&M forwards Kourtney Roberson, Jarod Jahns and Ray Turner will face senior forward Alex Oriakhi who averages 8.2 rebounds and 10.7 points a game.
Turner is coming off of his best individual performance in SEC play and said he will try to keep the energy up.
“Coach has been on me about bringing more energy,” Turner said. “I have to keep bringing the same energy, keep working hard every day and trust more in the coaches’ system.”
Energy has once again sparked among some students after a Mississippi State win and a close overtime loss to Kentucky.
Junior bioenvironmental science major Mariah Burgess said she thinks the Aggies will win tonight.
“I’m excited about Thursday’s game,” Burgess said. “I think we’re going to BTHO Mizzou simply because they’re only an average team and our team looks like they’re getting better and better. However, if we turn the ball over, it doesn’t look so good for us.”