No. 7 men’s tennis sweeps Tulsa on the road

Photo by Photo by Ana Casas

Senior Jordi Arconada and his doubles partner Junior Kevin Lam fell to a team from Texas Tech in the 2017 ITA Regional Championships final last weekend at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center.

Continuing to ride the momentum gained this past weekend, No. 7 men’s tennis put their foot down tonight as they cruised to a complete sweep of the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes, 7-0, extending its win streak to four straight to remain undefeated this season.
Doubles play started the night off strong with Arthur Rinkerknech and partner AJ Catanzariti along with Valentin Vacherot and Patrick Kypson picking up six of seven games on court one and setting the pace for a commanding night for the Aggies. dd15-3 record for doubles.
The Golden Hurricanes were no match for the Aggies in singles either as the Aggies claimed four of the six first sets.
Sophomore Valentine Vacherot dominated on court four with a straight set win by the score of 6-0,6-3, victory over Lucca Baptist.
Juan Carlos Aguilar captured the Aggies’ third point of the day by beating Louis Corker on court five with a score of 6-4, 6-2 on court five and he was quickly followed by a quick win on court six by freshman Barnaby Smith who beat Mitchell Pritchard by a score of 6-2, 6-3.
On court three the competition began to intensify with senior Jordi Arconada dropping the first set to Jarod Hing, 3-6, but was able to mount a comeback and win the second and third sets by a score of 6-2, 6-3, securing the fifth point of the night for the Aggies.
Freshman Patrick Kypson, who has started his collegiate career with a
3-0 record, dropped his first set of his career to Joshua Goodger but came back to win the match by scores of 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 on the top court.
Arthur Rinderknech put his undefeated record on the line and was able to continue his dominance with a clean sweep over Majed Kilani on court two with scores of 7-5, 6-4.
This season the men’s singles has been led by Senior Jordi Arconada Vacherot and Aguilar as they have combined for over 31 combined wins between them in this young season.
Before any matches kicked off in today Tulsa, the Texas A&M men’s tennis team was recognized by the SEC as they took every spot in the very first SEC weekly honors of this spring season.
Some key standouts on that list include phenom Kypson, who earned Freshman of the Week honors, and Rinderknech was announced as SEC Player of the Week.
The schedule gets no easier for the Aggies, as they will be heading to Ohio to take on No. 2 Ohio State next Friday, Feb. 9 and Texas Tech on Sunday, Feb 11