No. 8 A&M swept by No. 6 Florida on the road

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Senior Ashley Walters hits a fly ball to right field.

In the final game of the three-game series between No. 8 Texas A&M and No. 6 Florida, the Aggies were swept by a 7-3 game in the final game of the series.
The Aggies struggled throughout the series, especially when it came to batting, only scoring four runs in the series with three coming from Monday’s game.
Action in Monday’s match-up started slow for the Aggies, while the Gators on the other hand jumped out to a quick lead, scoring four runs in the first inning.
The series was marred by offensive dominance by Florida, while A&M struggled at the plate, and Monday night was no exception.
The Gators scored seven runs total Monday evening, with the first four coming in the first inning, two in the fourth inning, and the final run in the sixth inning. Meanwhile, the Aggies improved their overall offensive performance Monday evening compared to the rest of the series with three runs scored on six hits during the game.
Junior pitcher Samantha Show gave the Aggies a spark tonight offensively, scoring a solo home run in the fourth inning. Show had two hits on three at-bats during the game. Senior first baseman Tori Vidales and junior second baseman Kaitlyn Alderink also scored, with runs coming from the pair in fifth inning.
A&M head coach Jo Evans said she was happy to see her team more aggressive approach at the plate.
“We’re being a lot more aggressive,” Evans said to 12thman.com. “I think we’re doing a lot better of a job working the strike zone…it was great to see Sam Show to get up there and hit the long one, and I just think we’re getting a lot better cuts, and are being more aggressive.”
On the mound for the Aggies, senior Lexi Smith earned the start. She would go 5-1 with a 1.73 era. Smith was replaced senior pitcher Trinity Harrington in the middle of the first inning. Harrington would pitch the remainder of the game for the Aggies.
With Monday’s loss, the Aggies have now lost three straight, and are now 3-3 in conference play, and are 29-7 overall.
The Aggies are back to action Wednesday evening at 5 p.m. at the Aggie Softball Complex against Lamar. The Aggies will resume SEC play in a series with South Carolina, Friday, March 30 at 6 p.m. in College Station.