No. 9 Aggies take on LSU Tigers in women’s hoops matchup

The No. 9 Texas A&M women’s basketball team takes on the LSU Tigers at Reed Arena on Sunday in an attempt to right the ship after a 81-58 loss to No. 7 Tennessee.
A noon tip is set for the Southeastern Conference matchup. A&M enters the contest with a 14-3 overall record, including 2-1 in the SEC. The Tigers sit at 8-7 overall as well as 2-1 in conference with wins against Vanderbilt and Florida.
A&M will rely on Courtney Williams and Courtney Walker against the Tigers. Walker scored 25 points in the recent loss to Tennessee and is averaging 15.2 points per game on the year. Williams scored a season high 22 over Vanderbilt earlier this year and is the SEC’s co-leading scorer with 17 points per contest.
Jordan Jones leads the SEC in assists with 9.7 per game. She has been instrumental in the Aggies current 11 game win streak at home.
Senior Achiri Ade comes into the contest for the Aggies also playing well. She had a buzzer-beating put-back shot against Arkansas on January 4th to give the Aggies a 52-50 victory in conference play. She leads the SEC in rebounds during conference play and has had three consecutive 10+ rebound performances for head coach Gary Blair and the Texas A&M squad.
The game will feature a halftime celebration honoring 40 years of Texas A&M Women’s Basketball including a reunion of former players.
DaShawn Harden is the leading scorer for the Tigers, putting up 12.4 points per contest. Jenna Deemer has been dangerous from three-point land, sinking shots at a .417 success rate. The Aggies will need to keep perimeter defense tight when the ball is in her possession.
The Aggies will remain at Reed after playing LSU to take on Ole Miss. That game is scheduled for 4 p.m. on Sunday, January 18 and will air on the SEC Network