There continues to be an increase in Aggies working in D.C. The PPIP program at A&M is one instrumental program for students to shape their careers. (Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Why D.C. wants all the Aggies
Stacy Cox, News Reporter • April 22, 2024

More Aggies are calling Washington, D.C. home than ever with the aid of programs like the Public Policy Internship Program, or PPIP. The program...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of Aggie Replant pick up trash at Aggie Park on Feb. 5, 2024. (Photo courtesy of Mayra Puga)
Aggies come together to promote sustainability
Ayena Kaleemullah, Life & Arts Writer • April 22, 2024

As Earth Day arrives in Aggieland, talks about environmental action are growing. From planting trees to creating an impactful sustainable lifestyle,...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

On the fast break: the Loser Bracket Champs’ playoff pursuit

Photo by Ashley Brand
The Loser Bracket Champs stand for a photo after winning a playoff game on Dec. 4, 2023. They will head to the 2024 rec league basketball playoffs on April 3, 2024. (Ashley Brand/JOUR 359 Contributor)

The Loser Bracket Champs, an intramural basketball team, will start playoffs against the Guangdong Tigers on Wednesday, April 3 at 10:45 p.m. on Court 2 at the Student Rec Center.

During the Fall 2023 intramural basketball season, the Loser Bracket Champs took home first place in the loser bracket division.

For the team to win in the playoffs, nobody can become “the guy,” aerospace engineer sophomore Matthew Singleton said. He added that the team benefits when each player plays their role efficiently and unselfishly.

“I have learned that just doing what you’re good at and not trying to be the hero will lead to more success as a team,” Singleton said. “In the playoffs this year, stay tuned, we coming.”

Players on the Loser Bracket Champs said they have been working hard to get to the position they are currently in.

“I can speak for myself and say that personally, I have been in the lab grinding to get my hops in order,” architectural engineering sophomore Cade Adkison said. “I can confidently say I am entering this postseason ready to yam on some dudes and meet anyone at the rim who wants the smoke.”

Through the regular season, the Loser Bracket Champs secured a 78-72 win over CTESPN and a 61-47 win over Sungkyunkwan University. The team lost its most recent game to Bucket Squad with a final score of 68-62.

“Key takeaways from last game are we gotta crack down on defense and be smart with the ball on offense,” statistics sophomore Isaac Graham said. “We’re gonna bounce back by just playing smart basketball and trusting that the shots will fall when they need to fall.”

Damian Buitron-Adams is a business management freshman and contributed this article from JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.