Texas A&M infielder Ryan Targac (12) hits a walk-off single to run-rule Arkansas during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Saturday, May 18, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
‘Every decision and choice I’ve made has led up to that moment’

It started with a commotion in the Texas A&M baseball dugout.  With the No. 5 Aggies up 13-4 over No. 3 Arkansas with a runner on second...

Quiet hitting results in loss for A&M softball in game one against LSU

The Texas A&M softball team fell 6-1 to the LSU Tigers in game one of the three-game series Saturday night.

The No. 3 Tigers (40-5, 12-4 SEC) started off hot out of the gates, drawing first blood with a run off of two stolen bases and an error from the Aggies. Aggie senior Rachel Fox quickly put an end to the Tiger rally by getting three consecutive outs to end the first inning.

The No. 23 Aggies (33-13, 8-8 SEC) had chances in the second and third innings to level the score, but came away empty by stranding multiple runners in scoring position. The Tigers took full advantage of the Aggie missed opportunities by adding two more runs off of RBI singles to take a 3-0 lead going into the fifth.

The only Aggie run of the night came off of a Celena Massey RBI single that drove in the speedy Brittany Clopton to cut the lead to 3-1. LSU ended the game by tacking on two insurance runs in the fifth and another in the sixth to seal the game one victory.
First pitch for game two of the series is scheduled for 6 p.m. Sunday.