Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

Ranked Aggies dominate in dual swim meet on senior night

Photo by Photo by Robert O’Brien

A&M women’s swim defeated Rice with a solid showing, winning 10 of the team’s 14 competitions in Houston

On Friday, Jan. 28, the Texas A&M men’s and women’s swim and dive teams hosted the Southern Methodist Mustangs in a dual meet. The Aggies dominated throughout the competition, making the senior night a special one. 

No. 22 A&M women’s swimming and diving outperformed SMU from the beginning of the competition, winning the meet 174-114.

Senior Danielle Helper showed up big in the 200-meter freestyle with a first-place time of 1:50.25. Helper also took first place in the 100-meter butterfly and later teamed up with three other Aggies — freshman Aviv Barzelay, sophomore Jordan Buechler and junior Emma Stephenson — to take first place in the 200-meter freestyle relay.

On the boards, sophomore Payton Props led the way with a first-place win in the 1-meter dive. A&M senior Aimee Wilson finished in first place in the 3-meter dive with a score of 380.25.

The No. 23 A&M men’s swimming and diving team continued the domination, winning its match 178-115.

Senior Luke Stuart took first place in the 200-meter butterfly with a winning time of 1:50.23. The maroon and white teamed up to take first place in the 200-meter medley relay as well as the 200-meter freestyle relay. Sophomore Victor Povzner won big on the boards, taking first place in both the 3-meter and 1-meter dives.

The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams took first place in 16 events each throughout the evening.

Both A&M teams will be back in action at the three-day Air Force Diving Invite before beginning preparation for SEC Championships, hosted by Tennessee Feb. 15-19.