Series sweep in jeopardy after A&M softball fell in game two against LSU

The Texas A&M softball team fell short Sunday with a score of 6-3 against the LSU Tigers and dropped the series in the process.

The No. 3 Tigers (41-5, 13-4 SEC) had a similar start Sunday as they began with an RBI single off Aggie starter Katie Marks to open the scoring for the Tigers. Unlike last night, the Aggies answered immediately in the top of the second with pinch runner Erin Houthoofd scoring the tying run off of Alex Masek reaching base off of a Tiger fielding error.

The No. 23 Aggies (33-14, 8-9 SEC) couldn’t hold the tie for too long. The Tigers regained the lead at the bottom half of the inning with an RBI single and a two-RBI triple by Bailey Landry to push the Tiger lead to 4-1.

LSU kept the offense going in the third with a solo homer to left field from catcher Kellsi Kloss to extend the lead to four. A&M answered with a solo homer of its own from Breanna Dozier, her seventh of the season to cut the lead down, only seeing the Tigers push the lead right back to four with another run via fielder’s choice in the bottom half. A RBI double from Ashley Walters concluded the scoring for the day as the Tigers rode their pitching to victory.
Final game of the series begins 6 p.m. Monday.