Soccer faces back to back games this weekend

The No. 10 Texas A&M Aggies are on the road again this weekend with matches scheduled Friday against the LSU Tigers and Sunday against the Ole Miss Rebels.
A 7 p.m. contest in Baton Rouge starts the weekend off for senior Shea Groom and the Aggies. Groom now leads the SEC in goals after logging her second career hat trick last week against Tennessee, a 3-0 Aggie win.
LSU (4-5-1) looks to get back on track against A&M (7-1-1) on Friday. After starting the season 3-1, the Tigers are 1-4-1 in their last six matchups, including three straight defeats.
The duo of Jorian Baucom and Summer Clarke have led the way offensively for LSU. Both players have five goals and two assists on the year for a total of 12 points. Trailing shortly behind with eight points is Natalia Gomez-Junco, who has scored twice and accounted for a team-leading four assists on the year.
A&M will leave Baton Rouge to take on the Rebels (6-2-2) on Sunday.
The Rebels last played on Sept. 21, a 4-0 loss against UCF, a team A&M beat 3-0 in August.
Addie Forbus has scored five goals as well as two assists for the Rebels on the year, including a team-leading 48 total shots. Spending that much time around the goal, she will face off against A&M goalkeeper Renee McDermott during the 1 p.m. matchup.
Groom has an SEC-leading eight goals, good for a one-goal advantage over second leading scorer and fellow senior Kelley Monogue. Monogue has an SEC-leading 19 total points compared to Groom’s 18.
The Aggies continue conference play Friday, hosting the Florida Gators at Ellis Field for a 7 p.m. matchup.